The reason for my joy is housewares. Yes, housewares.
Each March, at McCormick Place in Chicago, we spend three amazing days at the International Home + Housewares Show sponsored and organized by the International Housewares Association (IHA). IHA is a full-service trade association dedicated to promoting the sales and marketing of housewares since 1938.
Who attends the Show each year?
- 60,000 professional attendees
- 2,000 exhibitors - from over 35 countries
- 15,000 U.S. buyers
- 6,000 international buyers from 100 countries on 6 continents: North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and Africa
Housewares products are categorized into 4 "show-within-a-show" expos:
- clean + contain - including promotion in motion: retail promotions + continuities
- dine + design
- wired + well
- global crossroads (international pavilions)
AND, in case like me, you didn't make it to San Francisco this month, the National Association for the Specialty Food Trade (NASFT) will present a wider look at what’s new in gourmet specialty foods with a broad range of new and award-winning products at the Show. I can't wait to see (& sample!) the new offerings at the Specialty Food Marketplace - always looking for new items to add to the Gourmet Pantry section of SavvyHostMarket!
While the Show is not open to the public, it is open to trade professionals. I highly recommend this show to any professional in the home arena. You cannot afford to miss the 2011 International Home + Housewares Show - a MOST unique opportunity to experience the best and latest in homestyle - you won't even notice the Chicago cold!